About Me

My photo
New York, United States
I’m in my mid-ish 30’s (excuse me while I sob uncontrollably). I love coffee, cross stitching, reading, gardening and travel. I hope to pass along some patterns and pick a few up along the way.
Some of the pics below have links embedded in their titles. Just click a title to go to the web site to find patterns (or see Labels on the right) You can also click on a picture to enlarge it.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Stalking Nature

There is a beautiful oak right outside the the back door, the perfect spot for the Mourning Doves to keep an eye on the wee bits.



The Cardinals are soo skittish (perhaps bright red isn't the best camouflage), I was lucky to get a shot off. I have decided to forgive the deer for ravaging my poor roses over the summer, and have left some good bits in the snow for them. I have stocked up on 'Invisible Fence' in preparation for the spring. If there is anyone who hasn't heard of this stuff, it's a spray that when applied to plants it keeps the deer at bay for weeks. There is one unfortunate downside though, for the first 10 - 15 minutes it smells like a foul poo / rotting corpse combo, however, once dry it no longer smells. Oh how the neighbors love me...
I have a rather weak Dutch Beauty update, after a week I am little further ahead. Yep this is going to be an endurance piece. Wendy, the stitch count is 330 x 630, it's going to be a monster. Glenna, I'm sorry to hear about your MIA stitchery. I ordered/received this and a few others from Criss Cross Row at least a year or so ago. I'll check your site for a wish list and see if I have anything you might like.
I hope you all enjoy what's left of the weekend!

No comments: