About Me

My photo
New York, United States
I’m in my mid-ish 30’s (excuse me while I sob uncontrollably). I love coffee, cross stitching, reading, gardening and travel. I hope to pass along some patterns and pick a few up along the way.
Some of the pics below have links embedded in their titles. Just click a title to go to the web site to find patterns (or see Labels on the right) You can also click on a picture to enlarge it.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Ornament

I recently joined the Embroiderers’ Guild of America and the December project is to make two mitten ornaments, one to keep and one to give away. This is the first ornament that I’ve made, and I think it looks good for a first attempt. I will hopefully have worked out all of the kinks when I make the second one. The patterns are from The Prairie Schooler Twelve Days of Christmas series.

I decided to put the Two Turtle Doves on the back. I added a small satchel inside with some balsam sticks, and I am craving winter now. I added a small patch of velcro to keep the balsam inside.

No comments: