About Me

My photo
New York, United States
I’m in my mid-ish 30’s (excuse me while I sob uncontrollably). I love coffee, cross stitching, reading, gardening and travel. I hope to pass along some patterns and pick a few up along the way.
Some of the pics below have links embedded in their titles. Just click a title to go to the web site to find patterns (or see Labels on the right) You can also click on a picture to enlarge it.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

EGA Mini Home Sampler



Cathy, one of the amazing women at the EGA has come up with a project for us. She requested we stitch a mini home sampler for some of the Habitat for Humanity homeowners. I went through my stash to find a house that would resemble one of the homes we are working on. I regret not leaving enough room for a border, however, with a limit of a five by seven frame I didn't want the house to be too small. I am wavering on the bushes though, I'll have to see if she has any suggestions.

I have been working with Habitat for just over a year now, and can't say enough about the people that I have met there. On our last work day we were told that all of the houses built have increased the towns property value by a little more than seven million! The town is looking better than ever, and new business are being drawn in. Regrettably I now see all the improvements this house needs - ugh.

No comments: